ADAPT Europe solutions
Post-Tensioned suspended slabs
Post-Tension permits, thanks to the possibility to create wider structures with less pillars, to build buildings with less slab thickness, and at the same time to take advantage of wider areas with less pillars.
Control of any strain and crack are just few of the advantages which strands application can provide, well better when compared to traditional armored concrete industriale floors.
Post-tension on suspended slabs with unboned MEDIPAV strands has been widely applied in several buildings and structures. Such System has got single stressed strands, blocked with anchors.
Post-tension technology is considered to be the best solution especially for bridge and containers construction. Main reasons behind this are represented by technical and economical advantages of this innovative yet well known and applied system, which we briefly list below:
- Comparing such technology to traditional concrete application, we can enjoy a large saving of concrete and steel, thanks to a dramatic reduction of slab thickness, proejcted to be slimmer.
- Reduction of cracks vs. tradional armored concrete structures;
- Outstanding performance of the overall surface, and therefore good protection against corrosion of the steel reinforcement
- Almost unchanged status when pushed to the limits, even heavy accidental overload, since cracks tend to recover as soon as loads retrieve;
- High resistance to stress, since tensions below a post-tensioned surface do vary following loads distribution. On top of the before mentioned added values of post-tension system on construction others do occurr when such system is applied on suspended slabs:
- Less expensive structuresthanks to utilization of high-performing iron instead of traditional armor;
- Wider areas with less pillars, allowing greater flexibility. This is due to weight reduction of the structures, which enables less heights of the buildings and less pillars to substain the suspended slabs;
- When under constant loads, oustanding performance in terms of waweing and cracking;
- Much higher cut resistance, based on an accurate networking of the unbonded strands.
This kind of technology brings great advantages when building rectangular slabs between 8 e 16 meters wid. Design of these slabs comes with a set of unbonded strands 0,6”thick, 150mm2 wide.Designed application of these strands takes full advantage of the slab thickness, follows the space nesting geomerty, , and the anchors where strand is locked are fixed at central height.